Please supply the following information to download the document - once you've supplied this information you will be able to download any documents from the website in this session and on subsequent visits you will just need to enter your email address.
1. How long have you worked for Oliver Wight? Since the beginning of 2010, time passes by so quickly!
2. What’s your background? After my engineering degree, I worked at two different companies and then I went to Caterpillar, where I stayed for almost 20 years, in various positions. I learnt a lot at Caterpillar and that's also where I met Oliver Wight.
3. What does your day-to-day job involve? My role in everyday life is to help my clients and support them with their projects and in their efforts to make improvements. This means a lot of travelling to meet them and long working hours, to do diagnostics, give training, develop action plans, discuss solutions or organisational changes, share best practices ....
4. What’s your favourite part of the job? The variety of projects and the relational side is really incredibly enriching. I meet people from all professions and backgrounds. I bring knowledge and expertise to my clients, but I also learn so much from them.
5. What’s your idea of a utopian workplace? An environment where people work in teams, in good spirits and where people have imagination and want to bring their business, customers and products forward .... I always want to try new things.
6. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be? Determined, energetic and compassionate.
7. What is your favourite saying? No pain, no gain!
I think the taste of the effort is important, both within one’s professional career as well as their personal environment.
8. What would people be surprised to know about you? I was a shepherd of a flock of 300 sheep and goats, for several summers; it's not a very common summer job, but it has provided me with some wonderful memories.
9. What’s your biggest achievement? – Professional and/or personal My greatest achievement is to have raised my two children and them turning out to be two responsible and happy young adults. Being a parent is the most important job and it is not one that can be learned at school!