Benchmarking your supply chain performance can improve service and reduce supply chain costs by as much as 50%. It is a critical activity to keep competitors at bay; and if you can deliver a superior service, you can begin to charge more for it, so it becomes a virtuous circle.
Oliver Wight has an online supply chain benchmarking tool, which is used globally, by all sizes of organisations in all industry sectors, including matrix structures and multiple supply chains. It comprises over 100 criteria, which allow you to make a deep-dive evaluation of supply chain performance, using your own data to both quantify your current position and to compare it to best in class.
The Oliver Wight Benchmarking tool provides an understanding of performance gaps through:
- Benchmarking your supply chain against the world’s best known organisations
- Comparing your performance to your peers and best-in-class
- Providing analysis tailored to your particular industry sector and/or supply chain type
- Analysing cost and service by individual supply chain functions
- Providing hard data and demonstrable metrics
- Quantifying ‘the size of the prize’ - the real financial benefits to be gained
- Providing an improvement plan with key recommendations for short, medium and long term action
You can’t improve what you don’t measure, and the gains from benchmarking your supply chain performance typically run to £millions. It’s an advantage well worth taking. For further information contact us.