1. How long have you worked for Oliver Wight? It will be 6 years in January 2017!
2. What’s your background? I started at Oliver Wight as an apprentice straight from Gloucestershire College. Since then, I’ve been working my way up, learning the ropes and I’m now working towards a degree in Business Management and Strategy.
3. What does your day-to-day job involve? As well as supporting my Marketing & Brand Manager by implementing the marketing plan, I sit in on the strategic marketing meetings. I also do a whole range of other tasks that aren’t necessarily marketing-related to support the smooth-running of the entire office.
4. What’s your favourite part of the job? The feeling of achievement at the end of an event or large meeting, when everything has run to plan and the hard work has paid off. It’s even better when you receive lots of positive feedback.
5. What’s your idea of a utopian workplace? To work in an environment where everyone is considered equal, regardless of their position and they are encouraged to input ideas and have a say in helping to develop the business. Also, an environment where everyone gets on and individuals are happy to support each other, even if the task is outside of their job role. Ultimately, we are all working towards the same company goal.
6. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be? Compassionate, supportive and friendly
7. What is your favourite saying? Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
8. What would people be surprised to know about you? I’m also a qualified Beauty Therapist. It took me a while to work out what I wanted to do once I had left school. I made the wrong decision and had to have a re-think, however I’m now a dab hand at painting nails.
9. What’s your biggest achievement? – Professional and/or personal I’m still relatively young so I still have lots I want to achieve, but so far, it would be getting myself to the final year of my university degree whilst working full-time. It hasn’t left much time for anything else!