Meet the Team - Dawn Howarth
12 Dec 2016
1. How long have you worked for Oliver Wight?
Almost 6 years. Everybody does say that time flies after joining Oliver Wight!
2. What’s your background?
I worked in the chemical industry. I was initially hired for two weeks by my previous company and ended up staying for twenty years. My area of expertise was in Global Supply Chain Management and ERP.
3. What does your day-to-day job involve?
Normally, it’s either running workshops to help clients design or enhance their processes, or working with small groups to coach them as they work through the implementation. The great thing is that no two days are the same - even if you run the same workshop there are always different discussions and surprises.
4. What’s your favorite part of the job?
Seeing people almost physically grow in stature as they deliver results. Many people think that change isn’t possible because they’ve lived with the hassles and problems for so long, but when they suddenly realize that change is possible, they just take off both professionally and personally.
5. What’s your idea of a utopian workplace?
One where you’re granted the autonomy to just get on with things, because everyone has the same vision and knows what the priorities are, leaving more room to have fun.
6. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Direct, trustworthy, and informal.
7. What is your favorite saying?
‘Just go for it.’ I think people spend too long procrastinating and putting things off when the best way to learn is to just get stuck in.
8. What would people be surprised to know about you?
That I do have patience in some things – I love gardening.
9. What’s your biggest achievement? – Professional and/or personal
Keeping grounded since joining Oliver Wight.