Meet the Team - Kuldip Jemahl
11 Apr 2017
1. How long have you worked for Oliver Wight?
I joined Oliver Wight in 1998 on a 6-month contract and I’m still here 17+ years later, and still enjoying working at Oliver Wight.
2. What’s your background?
I come from a customer service background and now working in a business development role, so still customer-facing.
3. What does your day-to-day job involve?
As the Commercial Manager, my focus is to generate new business opportunities. I support and manage the Oliver Wight Business Development process which includes lead allocation and KPI reporting as well as maintaining and developing our SAGE CRM System and providing training support to existing and new users.
4. What’s your favorite part of the job?
Building relationships, be that over the telephone or face-to-face.
5. What’s your idea of a utopian workplace?
A place where people get on with one another and support each other in good and bad times. Somewhere where people are respected, regardless of their job role and position within the organization.
6. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Honest, logical, and direct.
7. What is your favorite saying?
Live long and prosper.
8. What would people be surprised to know about you?
That there is a sensitive side to me!
9. What’s your biggest achievement? – Professional and/or personal
Professionally, working my way up to the Commercial Manager position and personally, my 3 children.